FACULTY OF MEDICINE & SURGERY
The faculty of Medicine & Surgery is established and functionally based to achieve the higher education needs in the country by playing central role in producing excellent, internationally minded, research-based learning and support material that enable students to develop the attributes of the learner profile and the Faculty’s mission, thereby providing an excellent preparation for life in the 21st century.
The vision of the faculty’s academic division is to enhance the educational experiences of a diverse and inclusive community of students, through developing distinctive, high quality programmes of international education that will meet the needs of, and influence, an increasingly connected, global society
- Equal opportunity
- Saving lives
Faculty’s Major Tasks & Accountability
- Lead the development of strategic and operational plans for Integrative Learning (IL) initiatives at the University.
- Coordinate and support curricula and co-curricular IL activities across departments of the University to ensure objectives are met.
- Exercise leadership and innovation in providing input into the design, development and coordination of IL activities across the University.
- Motivate, support and develop staff working within IL across the university, and act as the liaison and escalation point for complex and sensitive issues.
- Review and develop policies, procedures and documentation necessary to efficiently and effectively manage IL with all internal and external obligations.
- Manage financial, staff and technical resources effectively to achieve agreed objectives and deliverables. Attend and present activity status to Steering and other Committees as required.
- Adhere to and cooperate with all policies and procedures of the University
Key Values in our Curriculum
- Development of Social Understanding:
- Promotion of Maximum Personal Development:
- Promotion of Continuity of Experience:
- Provision for Educational Goals:
- Maintenance of Balance among All Goals:
- Utilization of Effective Learning Experiences and Needed Resources
The Faculty‘s educational philosophy is centered on Islamic and humanistic education whose aim is to:
- Equip students with critical capacity that would enable them have the criteria to sift ideas, and to help the students have the independence of will not to be led against their informed judgment. This entails educating the students in human virtues: prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance, industriousness, loyalty, cheerfulness, sincerity, honesty, magnanimity, etc.
- Inculcate in the students a mentality of service to others as part of the human formation of students
- To develop the faithfully dimension and bring students to know Allah, and thereby seek their true happiness.
- To produce highly trained doctors and nurses who will play a great role in the delivery of health care. In order to achieve this objective the Faculty will:
- Provide these trainees with the knowledge, skill and attitudes to become competent physicians.
- Promote health knowledge through research in all areas related to health care including Basic science, clinical science studies, cultural and behavioral aspects of medical methods for delivering health care and medical education.
- Aim at promoting exemplary, primary, secondary and tertiary health care and related community services.
- Undertake continuing medical education to maintain and improve the competence of the practicing professional and serve as a medical recourse center (MRC) for health professionals and
- Organizations involved in health care.
- Participate in the Development and improvement of the quality of health services in the country
The expected learning outcome of this human formation is the acquisition of the objective moral criteria needed for making decisions in both professional work and personal lives.
Faculty of Medicine and surgery consists of:
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Medical Surgery